ImageDirector Rx developed by Comsquared System provides a cost effective proven solution for eliminating the movement of paper from the medication order process. By implementing a secure direct scan station, orders are instantly received in the pharmacy and pre-sorted based on priority, arrival time, and location origin.
ImageDirector Rx automates, streamlines and decentralizes much of the manual order process; providing for more effective communication between the pharmacists and physicians and nurses. By removing paper from the pharmacy order process, it provides improved order tracking, order storing and order retrieval. Allowing the Pharmacy to meet the challenges of communication, compliance, reporting, and audit trail standards requires the right technology solution.
ImageDirector Rx Features:
- Receives pharmacy orders from any combination of multi-functional printers (MFP’s) or scanners.
- Stores the pharmacy orders in SQL database and presents them presorted to the pharmacy for dispensation, based on priority, arrival time, location origin and other criteria.
- Patient information is collected via a barcode containing the Patient’s ID Number and automatically populates key fields.
- ImageDirector Rx integrates with HL7 data feeds to obtain current patient information.
- Communicates all A/D/T activity of patients. Admit, Discharge, & Transfer
- ImageDirector Rx allows nurses to easily search for and find out if pharmacy has completed an order – thereby reducing the number of phones calls between nursing and the pharmacy.
- Uses an instant messaging format to facilitate communication between Nursing and Pharmacy to electronically resolve issues such as order clarifications, medication missing communications and stock orders.
- Provides physician look-up information, for easy identification of orders by nurses.
- Allows the pharmacists to place annotations on orders and route the annotated order to an individual for clarification.
- Transmitted using HL7 standard interface.
- Enables health information systems & databases to exchange information using the industry standard protocol.
- Provides pharmacy reporting and tracking of:
- Usage of unapproved JCAHO abbreviations.
- Usage of non-formulary drug names.
- Illegible handwriting by physicians.
- Maintains an Audit Trail of who did what with an order and when that action was preformed.